Monday, March 7, 2011

The Topic of the Year

If you so happen to be curious about what I plan to be working on and around this year, here is the gist of it, since I had to do a brief explanation it for this week's research methods class:


Theme of Research: Concept art in games.

Brief Description of Research:


Pre-production art in the games industry is a key component to creating an interesting gaming experience. Comparing boss levels in video games in terms of their visual and emotional impact, whilst discovering the creative process to developing a boss and its compatible environment shows the importance of conceptual planning in games.

4 aspects/concepts I'll be focussing on:
- Uniqueness of boss levels between previous video games.
- Brief history of game development in terms of concept art.
- Thought/creative process of developing a boss and its environment.
- The significance of concept art within the games industry.


I'm also beginning to buy more concept art books that'll go towards my research, so far I've bought
The Art of God of War III, The Art of Bioshock 2: Deco Devolution and The Art of Uncharted 2 Among Thieves. Still waiting on The Art of Resident Evil 5, The Art of Darksiders and a brand new wireless wacom tablet that will hopefully make my life a little easier ^_^

And due to my scan being a retard, scanning and posting will have to come later.

Bye for now, not forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment