Monday, April 4, 2011

Dominance War: planning

Had enough motivation to start planning out my Goddess:
Oh and Saturday 2nd April I went to Supanova at the RNA Showgrounds with a few friends, I don't remember it being so popular (or so hot and sweaty).
I ended up checking out some comic artists in another pavilion (which wasn't so hot and sweaty). The sketch pads and printed work was mind blowing, especially from an Aussie artist Jon Sommariva. I decided to ask him how he manages to stay motivated to draw, which has been my main problem since my birth.
And he pretty much said "Everyone has their good days and their bad. There are some days where you get depressed and stuck in a slump, but you got to keep drawing. I personally think back to how lucky I am to be doing what I'm doing, but the more you force yourself to draw, the less of those slump days you have, even if you just keep drawing until you're happy with one good one, it helps".

Said it like a boss, I don't think I'll ever forget that.
Meanwhile, I managed to ninja-shot a picture of him. Sorry Jon!

Check him out:

No comments:

Post a Comment